Pages

Monday, November 23, 2009

What is Factless Fact table?



Today, I faced an interview for MSBI Developer. The guy asked me many questions and most of them i answered perfectly. The Guy asked me a question on factless fact table. I like to share it with you, if you are not already familiar with it.

Question: What is FACTLESS Fact table?

Answer:
The “Factless Fact Table” is a table which is similar to Fact Table except for having any measure; I mean that this table just has the links to the dimensions. These tables enable you to track events; indeed they are for recording events.


Factless fact tables are used for tracking a process or collecting stats. They are called so because, the fact table does not have aggregatable numeric values or information. They are mere key values with reference to the dimensions from which the stats can be collected




1 comment: